I’m finally done. And it’s not even May yet, I might still have a chance to use it this year on a cold evening!
Sunburst Granny Blanket – previous posts
So, in conclusion:
- I missed slightly on the amount of yarn I needed. I ran out of yarn before the last two circles and had to go get a refill on two colors, probably because I had two yellows and they weren’t distributed evenly across the other colors. I was left with some extra yellow and ran out of the other colors.
- I missed not so slightly on the amount of white yarn I needed – I ended up using 2 entire extra balls of white yarn.
- In the end, I decided to finish the blanket with 4 rows of 2 hdc, ch 1 (2 hdc, ch 2, 2 hdc in same space for the corners). I did 2 rows in white, 1 row in yellow, and 1 row in darker yellow. I think it really added a nice touch. But, I had to get two extra balls of yarn for the yellow finish (I didn’t have any left).
- I didn’t weave in the ends as I went, and ended up working very hard to weave in the ends for 96(!) squares. If I ever make another granny blanket (I’m definitely taking a break for now), I will absolutely weave in as I go. I recommend that strategy for everyone!